This site uses cookies for technical and analytics to ensure you get the best experience. Please click the button below to accept and close or read more information
Hertford 01992 306616
London 0207 956 2740


The Law Society

020 7242 1222
The Law Society represents, protects and promotes solicitors across England and Wales.

Solicitors’ Regulation Authority (SRA)

0870 606 2555
The SRA are an independent regulatory body of the Law Society, who provide information, advice and support to help solicitors comply with the standards they set. It acts solely in the public interest.


01689 820272
Resolution is an organisation of 5,700 lawyers who believe in a constructive, non-confrontational approach to family law matters. Members of Resolution must adhere to the Code of Practice, the principles of which have been adopted by the Law Society as recommended good practice for all family lawyers. You can find details of all members of Resolution by visiting their website. We are a member of Resolution.

Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service

HM Courts & Tribunals Service was created on 1 April 2011. The agency is responsible for the administration of the criminal, civil and family courts and tribunals in England and Wales and non-devolved tribunals in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Detailed contact information for court and tribunal offices can be found at

Ministry of Justice

020 3334 3555
The Ministry of Justice works to protect the public, and aims to provide fair and simple routes to civil and family justice.

Family Law Bar Association

020 7242 1289
FLBA is the specialist Bar Association for family barristers and has over 2,300 members. All barristers practising family law are encouraged to join the FLBA.

General Register Office on Births, Marriages and Deaths

Birth, marriage, death, civil partnership, still birth or adoption certificates may be ordered from the website.

Government Website - Benefits Adviser

Advice on what benefits you and your family are entitled to, including child benefit, tax credit etc.

Parents & Children
Child Maintenance Options

0800 988 0988
Child Maintenance Options is a service provided by the Child Maintenance Group, which is part of the Department for Work and Pensions. The Child Maintenance Service opened in 2012 and now manages all new applications for a statutory arrangement. It uses slightly different rules to the Child Support Agency which is closed to new applications but still manages many statutory arrangements set up before December 2013. For more information about children related issues go to

Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS)

0844 353 3350
CAFCASS is an independent body, whose role is to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, give advice to the family courts, and provide information and advice to children and their families

National Association of Contact Centres (NACCC)

0845 450 0280
NACCC is the supporting membership body for around 350 Child Contact Centres and Services located throughout the UK. These Contact Centres are neutral places where children of separated families can enjoy contact with their non-resident parent.

National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) Helpline

0808 800 5000
The NSPCC Helpline provides confidential advice to anyone worried about a child’s wellbeing.


0800 1111
Childline offers confidential support to children in relation to a range of issues they may be experiencing.

Only Dads

01803 868683
Only Dads provides advice on a number of issues such as health, finances, debt, legal, education, housing and parenting for single parents.

Only Mums

01803 868683
Only Mums provides advice on a number of issues such as health, finances, debt, legal, education, housing and parenting for single parents

Families Need Fathers

0300 030 0363
Families Need Fathers is an organisation that provides support and information to family members in relation to children issues arising from separation and divorce. Support is available by phone and face-to-face.


0808 802 0925
Gingerbread is a national charity that provides information on a number of issues, including benefits, financial help, child maintenance, education and how to get legal advice.


020 7281 5858
Chance UK works in partnership with Action for Children, and aims to reduce youth crime and anti-social behaviour across the UK. It does this by providing one-to-one mentoring for children aged 5-11 with behavioural difficulties.

Family Lives

0808 800 2222


0800 068 6368


0300 100 1234
Relate offers advice, relationship counselling, sex therapy, workshops, mediation consultations and support face-to-face, by phone and through its website.

Family Mediation Council

It is a requirement for a person to attend a MIAM (Mediation Information and Assessment) before making certain kinds of applications to obtain a court order. Click on the link to find your nearest authorised family mediator.


0845 790 9090
Samaritans provides free, confidential support 24 hours a day to anyone in the UK and Ireland who is experiencing feelings of distress. It offers this service by telephone, email, letter or face-to-face in most of its branches.

Refuge National Domestic Abuse Helpline

0808 200 0247
The Refuge National Domestic Abuse Helpline offers a free, confidential, 24-hour service for women experiencing domestic abuse. It can facilitate those who are deaf or heard of hearing, and those whose first language is not English.

Mankind Initiative

01823 334244
Mankind Initiative is a national charity that provides support for male victims of domestic abuse.

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

020 7833 2181
The CAB is a free, independent and confidential advice service that may help people resolve problems. To find your nearest Bureau visit the website.

Life Coach Directory

0844 803 0241
Life Coach Directory contains details of qualified and registered life coaches.

Counselling Directory

If you're in need of support, you'll find a list of professional counsellors and psychotherapists in the Counselling Directory.

NHS - Domestic Violence and Abuse

Domestic violence or abuse can happen to anyone. Find out how to recognise the signs and where to get help.


0800 140 4690
A resource for alcohol rehab and treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Land Registry

0844 892 1111
The Land Registry deals with registration of title to land in England and Wales. The website also provides property price analysis reports. Copies of Title Deeds can be obtained from the Land Registry.

Financial Services
Money Advice Service

0300 500 5000
The Money Advice Service is an independent advice organisation set up by the government to help people manage their money better and make informed choices. The Divorce and Separation Calculator is particularly helpful for separating couples.

London Stock Exchange

The London Stock Exchange is one of the largest stock exchanges in the world, listing British and overseas companies.


XE provides an online currency converter.

VAT Calculator

Easy to use tools for calculating VAT.

The Motley Fool

The Motley Fool provides investing and share dealing advice.

Hertfordshire County Council

0300 123 4040
Hertfordshire County Council’s website contains information about businesses, carer support, environment, schools, libraries and local entertainment.

Discover Hertford

Discover Hertford is a comprehensive source of information on Hertford and the surrounding areas.

Manor Law Ltd, trading as Manor Law Family Solicitors, is a registered company in England and Wales - number 07977350, and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority - Hertford office SRA number 567506 and City of London office SRA number 568637. Copyright © Manor Law, 2016. All rights reserved.

Request Call Back

Thank you! Your callback request was sent successfully and we will contact you shortly.