This site uses cookies for technical and analytics to ensure you get the best experience. Please click the button below to accept and close or read more information
Hertford 01992 306616
London 0207 956 2740

Change Of Name Deeds

You are not legally obliged to change your surname when your marital status changes however some people choose to do so. Your marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, decree absolute or final order will usually be accepted as evidence that your name has changed however some organisations may ask to see the document alongside your birth certificate.

You may prefer to deal with the change of name by way of Deed. The Deed is drafted by a solicitor, and signed by you in the presence of two witnesses.

Manor Law Ltd, trading as Manor Law Family Solicitors, is a registered company in England and Wales - number 7977350, and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority - Hertford office SRA number 567506 and City of London office SRA number 568637. Copyright © Manor Law, 2016. All rights reserved.

Request Call Back

Thank you! Your callback request was sent successfully and we will contact you shortly.